Personal Injury Lawsuit FAQ’s
When you are involved in an accident, everyone wants to give you advice. Some will tell you their embellished horror stories, and most people will provide you with inaccurate information. To get the truth about personal injury lawsuits, and all that they entail, it is best to contact an experienced personal injury and accident lawsuit lawyer. The personal injury lawyer will be able to offer professional advice, and answer any questions you may pose. However, we have provided some common questions people have regarding personal injury and accident lawsuits.
Common Questions About Personal Injury & Accident Lawsuits
- Do I need an attorney? Any type of litigation that involves insurance companies and financial settlements will have a great number of factors to consider. It can be hard for one person to keep it all in perspective. Additionally it can be hard for you to know exactly how much money you deserve. The experience of a personal injury accident lawyer is what you need to make sure you are properly compensated for your injuries.
- Lawsuits take too long, is it worth the fight? Most accident settlements happen out of court. If you have a great personal injury attorney you may be able to settle out of court without the need for a trial, which may allow you to receive compensation sooner than you may think. Each case is different, so it is important to discuss your accident with an experienced accident attorney.
- Will an accident lawsuit cost me money for legal fees? In personal injury and accident lawsuits, most lawyers operate on a contingency, meaning they do not get paid unless you win a settlement. However, there may be some expenses that you will have to work out during your initial meeting with your accident attorney.
- Can I file a lawsuit if I think the accident was my fault? Never admit to anyone other than your accident attorney that you were at fault for an accident. Even if you suspect you are at fault, you can still seek damages for the negligence of the other party.
- Can I settle with the insurance company and then seek more compensation later? Once you accept a settlement from an insurance agency they are no longer responsible for any further expenses related to the accident.
- Are all personal injury cases settled out of court? Although a majority of accident cases are settled outside of the courtroom, a number of them do proceed to trial. When this is the case you want to be sure you have the best possible personal injury trial attorney on your side.
Experienced Personal Injury & Accident Settlement Attorneys
If you were harmed in an accident, or if a loved one has died because of the negligence or wrongful misconduct of another, contact Caron, Colven, Robison & Shafton today for a FREE initial consultation. Our Vancouver attorneys are experienced litigators who understand what it takes to win in the courtroom. We are sensitive to timing issues and begin working on your case immediately. Our Vancouver lawyers are dedicated to the pursuit of justice and devote themselves to providing you with effective representation designed to get results.